Doest your race play into how the majority of people will view you?

Started by Abom, Aug 19, 2023, 06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abom

I personally believe that it does. In short, I have seen patterns with popular and/or relevant black Internet content creators as well as how my personal experiences have altered when depending on which avatar I use.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and whether or not you agree with me and why.

pinkmoth

i dont think most people can tell im dutch and i dont think they treat me different when they learn... im sure this is way different for someone more likely to be the victim of racial prejudice though
:3

Abom

It varies from race to nationality. For example, a lot of Asian people do not struggle with it as badly, but they have to deal with different things; Asian women are not paid attention to at all if they aren't conventionally attractive enough.

The issues I've faced as a person of color is that I "don't act black enough"; I am relatively calm, soft-spoken, not rude or abrasive and kinda nerdy. Even my old avatar looked nerdy. Not to say that this was the case for not really catching on but I do think it played a factor in it.

Ever since I've switched to the cup, I feel it's a lot easier for people to like me.

Baatlefeel

In a similar position as well as a person of color, but only ever had issues with my brother in that regard when we were both younger. It's always something I feel like I have to factor in when passing by other people though, have had no negative run ins yet
yep still got nothing